dance Immersion’s 30th Anniversary Season!
Click here to browse through our season brochure for full details:
For our remarkable 2023-2024 30th Anniversary season, we have assembled projects that move beautifully through deeply-researched ancestral legacies to healing to reclamation of unapologetic self-expression. Season overview details are below the video.
SEASON AT A GLANCE
- Events take place in Tkaronto and are primarily conducted in the English language.
- Venues have accessible seating, and assistive listening devices and ASL services are available in some locations.
- Performances have economically-accessible pricing options.
- Online events primarily take place on Zoom and Instagram Live.
- The schedule below is subject to change.
October 19 & 20, 2023
BOW’T TRAIL Retrospek: Rhodnie Désir
Studio Presentation + Artist Talk
Venue Partner: Toronto Dance Theatre, Winchester Street Theatre
November 24 – 26, 2023
LEGACY SERIES KRUMP: Marcus “O.G.” Ademi Paris + National and International Guest Artists
Symposium + Celebration
Sponsor: TD Bank Group
Venue Partner: Hart House, University of Toronto
Access: Free In-Person with Registration
December 2023 – January 2024
KEEPING THE FLAME ALIVE: How Can Legacy Live, Evolve & Thrive? Multiple Artists in Discussion
Online Bantaba & IG Community Corner Conversation
Venue: Zoom & Instagram Live
Access: Free Online World-Wide
January 16 – 20, 2024
TRADITIONAL FUTURE: Fernando Anuang’a (Kenya)
Presentation & Workshops
Venue: The Theatre Centre
March 16, 2024
IMMERSION MENTORSHIP PROGRAM: Multiple Artists
In-Studio Showcase Presentation
Venue Partner: Canada’s National Ballet School, Toronto
May 2 – 4, 2024
MÀSCARA & SURRENDERED SPIRITS: Pulga Muchochoma + CinnaMoon Collective (Nickeshia Garrick + Irma Villafuerte)
Venue Partner: Canadian Stage – Berkeley Street Theatre, Toronto
HONOURING LEGACY & BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE: Multiple Artists
30th Anniversary Gala Celebration
Venue Partner: T.O. Live – Lyric Theatre, Meridian Arts Centre, Toronto
- Continuing arts discussions on the blog
- Artist features and dance history notes in our monthly newsletter and on social
- Community event notices in our monthly e-listings.
We are looking forward to celebrating with you soon!