Start Date: January 8, 2024
Permanent Part-Time: Two (2) days per week equivalent
Salary: $20,000 per year
Flexible Work Model: Work-from-home with periodic in-office days, or fully in-office if preferred
dance Immersion Office Location: 303 – 1000 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4W 2K2 www.danceimmersion.ca
Position Post Date: October 16, 2023
Post Closing Date: November 10, 2023
dance Immersion is seeking an experienced Donor Engagement & Fundraising Specialist to join its collaborative, tight-knit team. In this role, the Specialist will use advanced communication skills and a keen sense of initiative to develop relationships with donors, manage our annual fundraising campaign, research opportunities, and craft applications and proposals. By conducting donor outreach, writing proposals, and collaborating on periodic fundraising events, the Specialist will exercise their speaking, writing, and leadership abilities while moving dance Immersion closer to its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized and have experience researching and writing proposals. We’re looking for someone who believes in the mission of dance Immersion and can help us strategize and deliver on our fundraising efforts.
Objectives of this Role
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
- Cultivate a network of dedicated donors
- Research and spot new fundraising opportunities
- Form strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Ensure donors are engaged and kept in the loop on organizational activities.
- Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that are interested in gift giving
- Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential and existing donors
- Write grant applications and fundraising proposals, in collaboration with the team
- Strategize and successfully execute annual fundraising campaigns in collaboration with the team
- Track the progress of financial goals.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least four years of experience in fundraising or sales
- Experience researching fundraising opportunities
- Experience writing grant proposals and fundraising letters
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification, diploma, or similar qualification in fundraising
- Competence with donor management systems.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume or CV in a single PDF via email to Timea Wharton-Suri at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM ET on November 10, 2023.